Friday, May 2, 2008

More at Garinger High School

Yesterday and today marked the start of one of the clay projects with the Garinger students. We're currently working on personal tiles that each student will complete for themselves. We're using several techniques: an acrylic gel medium resist, stamping, and constructing additive sculptural elements. The students seem to really be into working with the clay- can't blame them!- and two of the young ladies even already completed 2 tiles! Here's a student wiping with water over the gel resist. It leaves a subtle relief on the surface.
Next week we'll start working on the actual mosaic prototype while the students are finishing up their own projects. I'm a little nervous about coming up with a united idea among all the design ideas, but I'm sure we can pull it off.

I have a crazy Friday evening ahead of me: time in the studio! I'm gonna throw pots for the first time in a while (two weeks or so), so it'll be interesting to see how much my belly gets in the way. We'll see.....

No comments: