Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Oh yes!

After pining for a piece of hers for what seems like forever, I finally broke down and bought a plate from Ayumi Horie. She makes amazing earthenware pots and has a really smart retail system set up on her own website. I've decided that she's a total genius because not only does she make completely charming and really well-crafted work, but she also creates a not-so-small frenzy when she posts new pots in her shop. Yet another clay hero of mine......
The only downside to this pot is that I think I'm going to have to fight Brian for it at every meal!

6 comments:

Ron said...

Oh I must come see it and scrutinize over the glaze. How is the foot? I want on now. I must wait till next time though as I have totally blown the pottery budget for months!

Anonymous said...

It's pretty sweet- the foot is trimmed (not too tall) and it's lightweight overall. The glaze is actually thicker than I imagined it would be. When you see it, you won't want to wait for the next posting.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy!

How is the baby bump!?!?
I agree that she is really talented and pretty damn clever with the pottery selling- I am in awe and envious!!! Here is another artist who always creates a buzz when she posts new work-
www.amyruppel.com

enjoy!

xo
b.

jbf said...

Can you bring it to the studio? I would really love to see it.

Keith said...

Great plate....I got a mug for myself and love it.

Mama V said...

Oh man, now I know what's going on my Christmas wish list.