Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Back to work

This past weekend was filled with exciting pottery-related events that I have been looking forward to for some time. After taking Sunday and Monday off for some well-needed rest, I'm back working in the studio today, starting with a good cleaning!

On Friday I had my opening at Iredell County Museums in Statesville. There was an amazing turnout- I was very lucky in that it was the first "Art Crawl" for the town of Statesville and the event was well promoted. As it was my first solo show, I was really excited to see so much of my work in one place. It was a bit intimidating too- I didn't realize just how nervous I was until the drive up; my husband did a good job of distracting me from this! Many friends made the drive and I really appreciate their support and reaction to the work. To top all this goodness off, Theresa Golas, the museum's curator (and maybe also executive director) and wonderwoman was amazing to work with. She was so patient and probably put in over 200 (shamefully, for real) screws in the wall to hang the show. She's a rock star.

Saturday was our Circle of Eight sale at my house. The weather was perfect and we had a good amount of people stop by. Its a lot of fun to do a sale with friends- and to be among everyone's nice work. Mark Peters came down as our guest artist- it was great to get to know him better.

I'll post additional photos soon. Of course I forgot my camera on Friday, but my buddy Julie remembered hers and took some pictures. There are also a couple on Elaine's blog, which you can visit by clicking her name on the sidebar.

No comments: