Tuesday, September 23, 2008

New office?

Since becoming a new mom, my life has begun to adapt to many changes. Example: last week I had an almost hour-long phone meeting about the public art piece I have on the horizon and I needed access to a computer while also having Guthrie entertained close-by.So, Guthrie and I created a makeshift office in my bedroom complete with computer, coffee (my little french press on the table next to the bed), and paper and pen. Guthrie was such a great little guy- he played quietly next to me the entire time, happily entertained by his little jungle toy thing. It was hilarious as there was some playful background noise to my conversation: when he would hit the little ball held by the tiger, kid music played.
Our little guy just turned three months old today and he continues to delight and amaze us.
What a sweet and precious little boy.

3 comments:

Meagan Chaney Gumpert said...

Hi Amy,
I found your blog a couple weeks before Guthrie was born. I just wanted to let you know how much I've enjoyed reading about how you've adapted to being a new mom and an artist. Inspiring really as I wonder how being a mom will one day change my work. Thank you for sharing!

Meagan

amy said...

Thanks Meagan. Being an artist mom is great- people always say that you can't love as much as when you have a child. It's true and very inspiring to me. I have all sorts of ideas tumbling around in my brain since having Guthrie- I need to sketch but I'm horrible at staying on top of it!

Meagan Chaney Gumpert said...

Hi Amy,

Came across these in a couple other blogs I follow and thought of you...

http://www.whodoesshethinksheis.net/

The Divided Heart: http://www.rdog.com.au/main.php?id=dividedheart